Saturday, December 8, 2007

8 on the 8th


Today was Nancy's virtual race of 8 on the 8th. The idea was for all of us blogger types to do our bit and report the results. My run was a bit tough on me. I have been fighting a cold but have still run as this seems to break up the congestion a bit. Then this morning I hyper extended my right calf about 500 meters (I slipped on some leaves) into the thing but I finished it and here are the results:


Mile 1: 12:02
Mile 2: 12:37
Mile 3: 12:39
Mile 4: 12:56
Mile 5: 12:53
Mile 6: 12:20
Mile 7: 12:59
Mile 8: 13:15


Total Time: 1:41:41 or a 12:42 pace.

It was not a good run for me. But we all have those. I ran an extra mile at the end at a 13:21 pace. Then I walked the last mile home, I could hardly walk but I made it home where I am now icing my calf. Owwww.
The end result was a 1532 calorie effort, not including the last mile walking. I hope I can stretch my calf out and get back on my feet. Congrats to Nancy on putting this together.

I hope everyone had fun out there.

6 comments:

Jason said...

You got it done. That's what counts. Good job man!!!

Robert Barker said...

Thanks, Jason. Compliments are always appreciated.

Nancy said...

Oh Rob. So sorry to hear about the injury. I know you wanted to be in top shape for the race. :D

Great job gutting it out and running anyway. A bunch more calories bit the dust today!!

Thanks so much for joining in the fun.

Nanc

Robert Barker said...

Nancy: Thanks for putting us all out there together, more or less. It was fun even considering the injury.

Scott: Same sort of injury like an elbow hyper (very common martial arts injury, you have probably seen this given your background). The slip on the leaves caused my muscles to stretch too far and bing .. injury. Over stretch injury, but not a tear. The injury feels a bit different when it is torn. Surviving a bad run feels good, it is a character test. :)

Runner Leana said...

Yay, you got your 8 miles done! Way better than I did.... So sorry to hear about the calf. I hope it has improved.

Robert Barker said...

Thanks Leana, I am running on it already. It is just a bit tight now.